Education and Background
Brandman University (Chapman University in Orange, CA)
- Masters of Psychology (M.A) With an emphasis in Clinical Psychology & Marriage and Family therapy.
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (B.A.)
Work Experience & Specialization
- Relationship Issues
- Anxiety and Mood Disorders
- Registered Behavioral Technician
- Autism Spectrum specialized
- Complex trauma
- Family Conflict
- Issues of Adolescence
- Group Therapy: Overcoming Depression, Parenting Classes, and Family Education Program Addiction.
Xiomara has extensive experience working with multiculturally diverse individuals, families, and couples of all ages. Her clinical experiences include: STAR of California Behavioral & Psychological Services providing direct services to clients with ASD or related disorders, New Directions for Youth Inc, Los Angeles, providing individual and family sessions to immigrant families or rehabilitating youth, and Guiding Hands Healthcare in San Diego as a group facilitator at mental health facilities. Xiomara is fluent in Spanish and has also provided community service for a number of non-profit organizations in Santa Barbara County in the past 11 years.
- Increasing Self-Awareness
- Strengthening Coping Skills
- Stress Management
- Providing a safe and trusting therapeutic relationship
- Strength based and holistic approach
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Family Systems